Last chance: we want to donate stationery to your school!

|By Elana| #ElanaShoes, Elana Style, Free Stuff!, Home, Music, To Eat

#ShareForGood

#ShareForGood

It was crazy to see the malls fill with learners piling shopping trollies full of stationery before the new school year, and realizing that not everyone can afford being in school for the new year.  If I could, I would make sure that every child in South Africa stays in school, so I am doing what I can.   I have gotten the help of our friends at Shoprite to support the importance of educating the children of SA and assisting them with basic resources.

Shoprite has offered to donate over R40 000.00 worth of stationery to two schools in South Africa.  I don’t want to give it to my own schools I attended.  I want you to nominate your own school and #ShareForGood.

This includes :

• Pens
  • Pencils
  • Stationery sets
  • Colouring & wax crayons
  • Erasers
  • Copy Paper
  • Flip files
  • Glue sticks
  • Highlighters
  • Permanent markers
  • Pencil boxes
  • Prestik

Send me an email to elana@chocolateface.co.za with the subject heading #ShareForGood  and a short letter of why your school should receive the stationery. Closing date for your entry is  Tuesday 17 th 2015.

Also, Join the conversation online, and share your entry on Twitter by tagging @Shoprite_SA and @elanaafrika to say which school you have nominated and use the hashtag #ShareForGood

Hope you are gonna love school this year as much as I did.

My school

My school

Elana

9 Comments

9 Comments on Last chance: we want to donate stationery to your school!

1. nsp9@live.com'
    simiso
    September 10, 2015 at 7:33 pm (2 years ago)

Can u help us plz

2. gobacvv@scwireless.co.za'
    Victoria Hurling
    February 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Elana

Ek werk by n plaas skooltjie Klipdrift primer op die George pad.So 30km buite Oudtshoorn dus ons werks gebied die skooltjie het net 2 onderwysers want hulle kan nie nog onderwysers bekostig nie.Die hoof is n dame van George sy is ook amper 60jaar oud en moes noodgedwonge maar in spring en 3klassies die jaar onderig.Dit is regtig n arm plaasskool.Ek sal dit waardeer as u die skool nominee.Baie Dankie

3. gobacvv@scwireless.co.za'
    Victoria Hurling
    February 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Elana

4. esmeralda.jacobs@inl.co.za'
    Esmeralda
    February 16, 2015 at 8:08 pm (3 years ago)

#ShareForGood.
    I would like to enter Lavisdrive Primary in
    Bishop Lavis ,Cape Town.
    Education is a key to success and for if children don’t have tools to do the daily tas k in class,what will happen to then in the future.There are parents who can not afford to by the stationary due to povity.

5. hannahnietta@yahoo.com'
    Tanya
    February 13, 2015 at 9:14 am (3 years ago)

Crossing my heart on behalf of our learners :)

6. Sthandwa@mavi.co.za'
    Sthandwa
    February 11, 2015 at 9:06 pm (3 years ago)

Share for good.my name is sthandwa mavimbela am in mpumalanga(nelspruit@kabokweni)my school name is guduza.i want my school get the stationery because we need it ,we have children who cant even afford school uniform…but what is important is that we never let our backround to affect our school work.as am in commerce class i believe that every business or organisation are doing their best to help students.am very proud of south africa we really need the stationery.thanks for your time

7. Adelaide.Louw@westerncape.gov.za'
    Adelaide
    February 11, 2015 at 11:18 am (3 years ago)

Hi Elana

My name is Adelaide and I grew up in Belhar. I attended Riebeeck Street Primary School and today I would like to nominate them for this amasing opportunity.

Like in most of our communities on the Cape Flats, Riebeeck Street Primary is in a poverty stricken area and so many children are in need.

I don’t have any smart idea as to why I am nominating them, just that if I could I would also like to do something special for the school that helped shaped me for who I am today.

My prayer is that the current learners will also go beyond their circumstances and be all that they can be when they grow up and have the life I have today. I do not have much but I have my education and a heart to see other people’s dreams come to pass.

Regards

Adelaide Louw

8. pmleden@gmail.com'
    pamela eden
    February 11, 2015 at 9:12 am (3 years ago)

I would like to donate stationery to the primary school I attended -Perivale in Lotus River Cape Town and do not have the finance to do so,A lot of children from unfortunate (poor)community attend the school. I donated second hand writing books to the school after my girls finished school and they were very great full. I attended the school in 1973 and area still in the area.

9. natasha@emendo.co.za'
    Natasha Viljoen
    February 11, 2015 at 8:52 am (3 years ago)

Great initiative! Sent an mail :)