I recently watched, The Last Holiday on TV. A movie starring Queen Latifah, where she plays a humble store assistant, Georgia, who is told that she has a rare brain condition, and only a few weeks left to live. She goes on a magical holiday and fine dines every night.
Between my Truffled garden pea and estate cured pancetta risotto … smoked thyme and black pepper espuma …the vegetarian option of course,
For mains Farmed White Sea Bass… cajun spiced soft shell crab, ocean and land asparagus, smoked caraway butter and
For dessert Summer Berries, wild berry sorbet, Italian meringue, candied apple and beetroot gel, citrus sherbet, hazelnut vanilla air…
I am her totally her. I am Queen Elana for the night, at Grand Provence just off Main Road, in the magnificent Franschhoek Valley, Cape Town, Western Cape (021 876 8600). By the way, It’s not my last holiday. It just felt as special.
If I told you that we were visiting “47 acres of gentle vistas“ it doesn’t matter, because none of us are actually going to walk the land. But, what I do want to point out is the farm is beautiful, romantic, and has an outdoors gallery of South African art and international and local visitors, and the wines are award-winning Grande Provence wines and the from the Angels Tears lifestyle collection.
We arrived early… My hubby took part in the wine tasting and I got the most beautiful drink, something close to a virgin strawberry daiquiri.
Sitting down for dinner, I sunk away into white leather, with a high backrest. My feet can even touch the ground. For the rest of my experience, I made a list of Elana “Must-haves”, that Grand Provence exceeded.
- The serving staff were excellent. Giving us just enough time to talk, eat and listen.
- You can expect a palate cleanser and a pre–dessert which Chef, Darren Badenhorst prepared.
- OMG. Then Award winning Cheff Darren came out of the kitchen and I was foody-star-struck. He also pointed out that the berries are grown in the area. Some of them come from his own garden. I savoured each one of them on my plate. Delicious.
- Jamie Oliver’s Restaurant in Notting-hill got 1/10 for their toilets. Gosh. Grande Provence on the other hand, gets a 10! I always think chicks need to select the hand wash and soap products. I think a chick selected these. yum!
- The dinner and lunch menu has a set price. So if you are wary of over ordering, fear not. Just enjoy.
We are giving away,
– A Taste of Grande Provence for one winner and a partner, valued at R200.00 (wine tasting with canapés)
– Wine Tastings for a you and 9 friends @ the value at R500.00
In order to stand a chance, subscribe to Chocolateface.co.za , and comment below with your email address. If you are already a subscriber already, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading @grande_provence. Let us know if you are entering for the 2, or 10 people option.
Terms and conditions ALWAYS apply.
OH. And if you are gonna book- its pronounced ( Grant Pro-vance)…#justsaying.
Follow Grand Provence on :
And Twitter: @grande_provence