To Eat! #DeGrendel & WIN!!!

|By Elana| Free Stuff!, Home, To Eat

The Longest part of my trip to De Grendel, was the beautiful driveway, that made me feel like a surprise lies around the corner of this gorgeous venue, only 20 minutes from Cape Town… 6 Minutes from my house.

Picture: CapeTownMagazine

Picture: CapeTownMagazine

My virgin Mojito arrives quickly, and In the heat of Summer in Cape town, I am exhausted by the beautiful views of Table Mountain !   Wine cocktails are also available. I know, a Wine cocktail.  I soberly fell off my chair, because I want one. Imagine adding watermelon, and basil. And then the farms own Sauvignon Blanc.

image33

The venue is open for lunch and dinner, try for lunch though, the farm has duck ponds and horses and if you have kids, a Sunday outing here is a real treat.  Also,  open some of the delicious wines. They are realistically priced.

As for the food…ridiculously good. No really.

The menu changes often- I don’t mind though.

My meals and tastes prepared by Ian Berg-

Squid head prawn form mains  – For words so simple, the dish had a lot of detail.  Delicious.

image3

I am a fan of risotto, but nobody gets it right- They did. Out comes a surprise dish from the chef, Wild mushroom risotto, , Enoki mushroom  and artichokes .

image2

I had the lamb on the main menu.  I enquired about the sauce that was good enough to drink.  Well,  they added Port. YUM!

photo

Want to have lunch or dinner at De Grendel?  I would say yes.

Subscribe to chocolateface.co.za and comment below this article.  ,If you are already a subscriber, Thank you.  Just simply send us an email to elana@chocolateface.co.za .  Use De Grendel in the subject heading.  A meal for two with wine pairing could be yours.  Terms and conditions always apply!

EAB

Contact:

@Degrendelwines on Twitter

De Grendel Wine Estate and Restaurant

Address: 112 Plattekloof Road, Cape Town, 7500, South Africa

Phone:+27 21 558 6280

12 Comments

12 Comments on To Eat! #DeGrendel & WIN!!!

1. Elana
    March 5, 2015 at 2:50 pm (3 years ago)

I always have a good giggle at your comments.
    Thanks so much for entering. I have had a questions from you as to why we don’t post the winners details on our social media platforms. We used to, and then some of you asked us not to post. Terms and conditions now specify that we post our winners publicly as well as notify them via email. So enjoy. See you soon in your inbox!

2. Elana
    March 5, 2015 at 2:49 pm (3 years ago)

I always have a good giggle at your comments.

3. jaclyn.teubes@gmail.com'
    Jaclyn
    March 3, 2015 at 2:33 pm (3 years ago)

Wow, the lamb looks divine! I would love to go for lunch or dinner at De Grendel.

4. romaine.hendricks@vodacom.co.za'
    Romaine
    March 3, 2015 at 11:46 am (3 years ago)

I would love to try this venue, we always drive past and never knew it has a restaurant. I’m sure the kids would love the horses toooo…

5. leighw1@gmail.com'
    Leigh
    March 3, 2015 at 11:19 am (3 years ago)

I love wine tasting at De Grendel, and adore their platters. I’d love to have a meal there!

6. info@petct.co.za'
    Mareca
    March 3, 2015 at 8:46 am (3 years ago)

Dear Elana, I have entered this amazing giveaway via email… but just in short: I drive past De Grendel twice a day( haha no directions needed) and I have been wanting to have a meal/wine here forever, but have always but it on the backburner(mother’s are always last in line) but seeing that it was my birthday on Sunday, I think it is a good enough reason to pick up my keys and drive straight to De Grendel to celebrate!!!!

7. interrupted_by_u919@yahoo.com'
    Jade
    March 3, 2015 at 8:09 am (3 years ago)

Oh my! Those prawns! 100% ready for some wine-happiness.

8. shauna.reeves@pgwc.gov.za'
    shauna
    March 3, 2015 at 8:02 am (3 years ago)

Would love to indulge at this awesome venue

9. michellegross1977@hotmail.com'
    Michelle Gross
    March 3, 2015 at 7:51 am (3 years ago)

A magical combination of Table Mountain views along with sublime food and wine!

10. yolikas@gmail.com'
    Yolika Muscat
    March 3, 2015 at 5:40 am (3 years ago)

It all Sounds Lovely! #nomnom

11. deanbromkamp@gmail.com'
    Dean Bromkamp
    March 2, 2015 at 2:26 pm (3 years ago)

Sounds heavenly.

12. bronwin.marsh@ogilvy.co.za'
    Bronwin Marsh
    March 2, 2015 at 2:26 pm (3 years ago)

Oooooh i love wine, food and my outjie. All good things come in three’s 😉