I Quit!

|By Elana| Elana Style, Home

I quit!

Never give up. A Cliché right? But so true.

I had a resignation this week from one of my team members. It didn’t surprise me, because when you work with people, you know behaviour, you understand patterns, you notice poor performance, and then finally their urge to give up. To quit. I don’t mind it when people give up. I always just wonder why?

What about you? Do you want to give up or quit?

It made me think of the times in life that I wanted to just, Give up! Quit!

I remember when I just started out in entertainment; one of my team members on the channel that I presented on, gave me a tough time. O boy, gossip, stories and fiery words. She did a lot in her power to hurt my feelings. I phoned home to Cape Town, to tell Daddy, that I am going to give up. I should have saved the money of the phone call i made, cause dad encouraged me to stay in JHB. He said this;

Why give up? Why quit? It’s called show business, not show-friends.

Well, I stayed, and 20 years later, I am still in the business that produces results, change, satisfaction, and produces very little friends. Because I understood this; I have a purpose in life, and I am going to need to be vigilant if I want too achieve my goals. I don’t want to be famous, I want to make real change, I want to make people feel good, I want to make people feel valued, I want us to understand that we can do anything!

My mentor claims that there are 3 realities in life,

1. Life is difficult
  2. Life is difficult for Everyone
  3. Life is more difficult for some than for others

Somehow we believe everything should be easy. A smooth easy way to success. A prize when you get something right! Right?

Well, here is the truth. Nobody escapes life’s problems, failures and losses.

Work hard, run your projects with dedication. Today, You better need a really blerrie good reason to quit, cause I’m on your case.

Go to work.

Me

x

10 Comments

10 Comments on I Quit!

1. chanelle.october@gmail.com'
    Chanelle
    July 26, 2016 at 9:27 am (1 year ago)

Thank You!!!

2. unarhoode@gmail.com'
    Una
    July 19, 2016 at 12:21 pm (1 year ago)

Not all are build for challenges, some like the easy way out, but what I realised, if you quit because of someone, guess what, you will find a more difficult person on the other side, so whatever the problem you face, face it, and deal with it

3. neldene.eq@gmail.com'
    neldene kleinsmidt
    July 16, 2016 at 7:27 pm (1 year ago)

You reminded me of a conversation I had with one of my
    Award participants ,
    he was in grade 9 then at a high
    school in Elsiesriver. In March of this hear he
    Reminded me of my own words. “The journey was never ment to be easy” then he was a young boy looking for the easy way out, today his a professional Jokey an graduate from The South African Jokey Academy.
    Giving up is just too easy!

4. lesleylibby@hotmail.com'
    Lesley Jones
    July 15, 2016 at 11:48 am (1 year ago)

If I was on your team, I’d never leave

5. ndalanal@gmail.com'
    Liziwe
    July 15, 2016 at 11:36 am (1 year ago)

Thanks for this, so timely! I have a colleague who seems to get REAL,pure joy out of making me miserable! I mean, she would find any reason to upset me or maybe I’m allowing her – just a thought. I’ve been thinking about leaving the company, not because of the company issues but mainly because of this colleague. Well, this entry reminded me why I shouldn’t, at least not because of the colleague but because I want to.

Thanks for sharing!

6. mashelekgomotso@yahoo.com'
    Kgomotso Petronella
    July 15, 2016 at 10:01 am (1 year ago)

Morning this realy motivate me to start the project of asking women who already made it in rural areas to mentor us the up coming young women and motivete us on quarterly bases. I know that working in the rural eare is not going to be a simple project but as long as out of 10 people i make sure that one women is uplifted, i will be the happiest being on earth. I know i we Will make it.

7. marizkee@gmail.com'
    Marizka
    July 15, 2016 at 10:00 am (1 year ago)

Wow, this is awesome. My mom got retrenched 3 months ago. She has been contacted by several employment agencies (who don’t read) and when asked her age (she is a beautiful 60 years young) they just loose interest in her. BUT, she believes every morning is a new start and she is a step closer to what God has in store for her. She now helps out on a Tuesday at TLC (in the afternoon giving street children food) and in the morning (also through TLC) she visit’s an old age home and pray with the ladies and do their nails. That is MY MOM. She has got so much love to give and My MOM is not giving up, and I am so proud of her.

8. chris@hardihoodfilms.co.za'
    Chris Groenewald
    July 15, 2016 at 9:20 am (1 year ago)

Wow Elana, This is the stuff I never had to motivate me in business, I really love this!!

Lets do your own tv show together would love
    To set up a meeting. I have a new series
    In mind about the Real Deal of starting and making it.

We have a channel in mind.

Warm Regards
    Chris Groenewald
    Hardihood Films
    Exclusive HD

9. myrtlesjood@gmail.com'
    Myrtle's Faith
    July 15, 2016 at 9:19 am (1 year ago)

Hi Elana… Trust you are well… remember me still made your matric ball gown. Thank you for your encouragement and challenge… Today if felt like quitting… but as I sit here and think I have so much to be thankful for I still have a job…others don’t. Sometimes the reasons why you want to quit not necessarily started there at work … things there just added to the burden you already have. So this is me lifting my chin and trying again…not quitting but recharging…thanks for the inspiration…Blessings Myrtle’s Faith

10. elroyduckitt@gmail.com'
    Elroy Duckitt
    July 15, 2016 at 9:13 am (1 year ago)

Very inspiring thanks for not giving up because theres so many youth that is modeling their lives after yours.#courage2live